Well it’s almost over. Tomorrow I start (properly) my new job as Teacher Librarian (or maybe Learning Centre Manager, or some other title we’ve yet to decide on!) at Kolbe Catholic College in Rockingham. I am really looking forward to it, but at the same time it has been absolutely delightful having this extended holiday. Yes, even with the move and all! Spending so much time with the kids has been awesome (although most likely they’ve had their moments of wishing they were back at “kindy”!) and I’ve done things like WRITE and SUBMIT and get somewhat ORGANISED! Not totally though.
Things I loved:
* Catching up with so many friends and family here in WA – it’ll be a lot harder once I’m back at work, but it is a priority.
* Finally getting over 700 digital photos printed – okay, so I only managed to get to that today, but it’s been over 18months since I last did it!
* Having a tidy house - this seems like such a small thing, but it literally took me two months to get fairly organised. There’s still more to be done (toys and books are the main offenders) but the spare bedroom is habitable, I can see the floor in the kids rooms, and the washing and ironing has been up to date. Having lots of visitors really helps, because I like to be tidy when people come! Now that I’m back to work? We’re getting a cleaner!
* Regularly getting down to the beach or the park – not so easy when it’s 5pm before we get home, and we’re all buggered. But we’ll still make an effort.
* Writing – I haven’t written fiction in years. In the past month I’ve written and submitted two stories. I’ve also written a bunch of reviews and have been busy with different small press stuff too. Creativity rocks!
Things I’m looking forward to:
* Going to the gym – I’m going to take full advantage of the price I pay for childcare and go to the gym after work a few days a week.
* My new role – I really am! It’s going to be exciting and challenging and interesting. I have no doubt it will also be frustrating and irritating at times, but hey, you get that!
* Studying – I’m seriously thinking I’ll do another subject of the Grad Dip I started last year. But only in first semester, as I know things are always more challenging in second!
* Seeing more of friends. Regularly.
* Mum and Dad visiting. And all the other East Coasters visiting! We have a booking sheet…!
Things I’m NOT looking forward to:
* Fitting everything in!
* Paying for childcare.
* Not being able to see as much of people as I would like.
* Trying to finish unpacking/sorting – it’s never fun.
So, now I’m off to fold and iron the clothes, pack my bag, and get myself to bed at a respectable hour to be ready for work tomorrow!